391 miles, 214 tops and 121000 feet of ascent!!
For many the completion of the Wainwrights can take a lifetime – for the likes of Chris Bland, Alan Heaton and Joss Naylor it can take a lot less. Joss completed the tops, in the order noted below, in 7 days, 1 hour 25 minutes (from Moot Hall to Moot Hall)!!! For the less superhuman the Eden Valley Mountaineering Club covered the same round with a relay of eight runners in 4 1/2 days.
Tops per Joss’s schedule:
- Day 1: Whinlatter, Lords Seat, Barf, Broom Fell, Graystones, Ling Fell, Sale Fell, Binsey, Bakestall, Skiddaw, Skiddaw Little Man, Carl Side, Long Side, Ullock Pike, Dodd, Latrigg, Lonscale Fell, Great Calva, Meal Fell, Longlands Fell, Brae Fell, Great Sca Fell, Knott, High Pike, Carrock Fell, Bowsale Fell, Bannerdale Crags , Mungrisdale Fell, Blencathra, Souther Fell, Great Mell Fell, Little Mell Fell, Gowbarrow Fell
- Day 2: Hartside, Sheffield Pike, Glenridding Dodd, Birkhouse Moor, Arnison Crag, Birks, St.Sunday Crag, Seat Sandal, Greatrigg Man, Stone arthur, Heron Crag, Nab Scar, Low Pike, High Pike, Dove Crag, Little Hart Crag, High Hartsop Dodd, Middle Dodd, Red Screes, Caudale Moor, Hartsop Dodd, Grey Crag, Thornthwaite Crag, Froswick, Ill Bell, Yoke, Troutbeck Tongue, Wansfell, Sour Howes, Sallows
- Day 3: Shipman Knotts, Kentmere Pike, Grey Crag, Tarn Crag, Selside Pike, Branstree, Harter Fell, Mardale Ill Bell, High Street, The Knott, The Nab, Rest Dodd, Rampsgill, Kidsty Pike, High Raise, Wether Hill, Loadpot Hill, arthurs Pike, Bonscale Pike, Steel Knotts, Hallin Fell, Bede Fell, Place Fell, Angle Tarn Pike, Brock Crag, Hartsop above How, Hart Crag, Fairfield, Dollywagon Pike, Nethermost Pike, Helvellyn, Catstycam, Whiteside, Raise, Stybarrow Dodd, Watson’s Dodd, Great Dodd, Clough Head, High Rigg
- Day 4: Walla Crag, Bleaberry Fell, High Seat, Raven Crag, High Tove, Armboth Fell, Grange Fell, Great Crag, Ullscarf, Steel Fell, Calf Crag, Gibson Knott, Helm Crag, Tarn Crag, Blea Rigg, Silver How, Loughrigg, Black Fell, Holme Fell, Wetherlam, Swirl How, Great Carrs, Brim Fell, Coniston Old Man, Dow Crag, Grey Friar
- Day 5: Lingmoor Fell, Pike o’Blisco, Cold Pike, Crinkle Crags, Bowfell, Esk Pike, Allen Crags, Rossett Pike, Pikeo’Stickle, Loft Crag, Harrison Strickle, Pavey Ark, Thunacor Knott, Sergeant Man, High Raise, Sergeant’s Crag, Eagle Crag, Rosthwaite Fell, Glaramara, Seathwaite Fell, Great End, Lingmell, Scafell Pike, Scafell, Slight Side, Hard Knott, Harter Fell, Green Crag
- Day 6: Whin Rigg, Illgill Head, Yewbarrow, Red Pike, Pillar, Scoat Fell, Steeple, Haycock, Seatallen, Buckbarrow, Middle Fell, Caw Fell, Lank Rigg, Crag Fell, Grike, Hen Comb, Gavel Fell, Blake Fell, Burnbank Fell, Fellbarrow, Low Fell, Mellbreak
- Day 7: Great Borne, Starling Dodd, Red Pike, High Stile, High Crag, Haystacks, Kirk Fell, Great Gable, Green Gable, Base Brown, Brandreth, Grey Knotts, Fleetwith Pike, Castle Crag, Catbells, Maiden Moor, High Spy, Dale Head, Hindscarf, Robinson, Rannerdale Knotts, Whiteless Pike, Wandope, Grasmoor, Grisedale Pike, Hopegill Head, Whiteside, Eel Crag, Sail, Knott Rogg, Ard Crags, Scar Crags, Causey Pike, Outerside, Barrow
Details in “Joss Naylor MBE was here” – by Joss Naylor (KLETS Publications)