The FRCC [“the Club”] published its first climbing guidebook to Doe (now called Dow) Crag in 1922 and has continued producing guidebooks to Lakeland and outlying crags. These high quality publications are illustrated with photographs covering all aspects of climbing. These photographs may have been specially arranged or may be casual photographs taken by a bystander, club member, or any other individual. You are invited to submit your photographs, images, pictures, graphics, [“Photos”] for consideration. In particular, good action Photos are always required.
However, the Club requires you accept the Creative Commons License for Attribution [“the License”] before the Club will use your work. By submitting your Photos you are acknowledging that you have read, understood, and accepted the License and the Terms & Conditions shown on this page. If you do not accept these Terms & Conditions do not submit your Photos.
The Club makes no payment for Photos used, but anyone who submits one or more Photos that are used in a guidebook will receive a free copy of that guidebook upon publication.
Terms & Conditions
- You have read and accept the License.
- Where possible, you have named any people in the Photos.
- If a Photo shows an identifiable subject under 18 years of age, the Club will only use the Photo if a consent form (obtainable from the Guidebook Secretary – details in the handbook) has been completed in full and returned.
- In order to help publicise the Club’s guidebook, and to assist the mountaineering world in documenting its history, the Club may also use any Photos on any part of its web site.
- In accordance with the Licence, the Club will attribute (credit) the Photo. Where possible this credit will appear on the same page as the Photo. However, this may not be possible in all cases, for example on a guidebook cover. In these cases the credit will appear elsewhere in the publication in such a way that readers can quickly match individual Photos with their respective credit.
- You grant the Club the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide license to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Photos for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes.
- While you retain ownership of all right, title, and interest in the Photo itself, you agree that the Club owns all right, title, and interest in any compilation, collective work or other derivative work created by the Club using or incorporating the Photos.
- You represent and warrant that (i) the Photo does not and shall not infringe on any copyright or any other third party right nor violate any applicable law or regulation, (ii) you have the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to the Photo, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity.
- You acknowledge that you (and not the Club) are solely liable for any damage resulting from infringement of copyrights, proprietary rights or any other intellectual property rights, or any other harm or damage arising from your submission and the Club’s display of any Photo. You hereby hold the Club harmless from and against any third party claim arising from use of the Photo.
- You further understand, and thereby authorise, that your Photo may be accessed, viewed, stored or reproduced by the Club and viewed by any of the Club’s members or other visitors to the Club website. You waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the Photo or to be compensated for any such uses.