The Fell & Rock Climbing Club
Welcome to the website for the Fell & Rock Climbing Club. This has great features with:
- Members’ Log-in section – with much information for members about the Club.
- Membership section – giving details of membership and joining criterion.
- Publications section – details of guidebooks, apps and other publications by the Club.
- Huts section – with details of the Club’s huts and cottages.
- Rock Climbing section providing details of new routes, local issues, and climbing developments.
- Fell Walking section is available to providing a selection of great walks near to the club’s seven huts – five in the Lakes and two in Scotland.
There are sections of the website which are only obtainable by members using the usernames and password and not available to the general public.
Use the menu (three bar icon top right) to see a complete range of the site’s content.
The Peregrines that deserted their nest on Lower Falcon may be nesting on Upper Falcon, best avoid the crag until the situation has been assessed (should be in the next few days). An extension to the restriction may be necessary if the birds made a late start breeding.
Saturday 24/6/17 It has been reported that the large flake at the top moves significantly as you try to climb it. You can see light from under the flake and the accumulated soil trapped behind the flake is collapsing. A good place to avoid until the situation is resolved. Be aware that other routes on the […]
There were changes to when a TV licence is needed in 2016. Now, a licence is needed to:- watch or record live TV programmes on any channel download or watch any BBC programmes on iPlayer – live, catch up or on demand. This applies to any provider you use and any device, including a TV, […]
The Peregrine Falcon nest on Raven Crag Thirlmere has failed so the access restriction has been lifted as of 1/6/2017 Raven restrictions end on 31 May unless an extension is agreed in the event of late fledging of young. Remember that a few crags have dual restriction to protect both nesting Ravens and Peregrines; in […]
The reports of the Huts Working Group will be found here.