The Fell & Rock Climbing Club
Welcome to the website for the Fell & Rock Climbing Club. This has great features with:
- Members’ Log-in section – with much information for members about the Club.
- Membership section – giving details of membership and joining criterion.
- Publications section – details of guidebooks, apps and other publications by the Club.
- Huts section – with details of the Club’s huts and cottages.
- Rock Climbing section providing details of new routes, local issues, and climbing developments.
- Fell Walking section is available to providing a selection of great walks near to the club’s seven huts – five in the Lakes and two in Scotland.
There are sections of the website which are only obtainable by members using the usernames and password and not available to the general public.
Use the menu (three bar icon top right) to see a complete range of the site’s content.
Phil Houghton is a poet, writer and fell walker, living near Ullswater. With a keen interest in mountain landscapes he wrote, and features with, his poem – Blencathra – in Terry Abraham’s latest Life of a Mountain film, also appearing in its recent TV debut on BBC Four. He is a Patron of the Norman […]
Barrow Library is holding an FRCC film night at 7.00pm to 9.00pm Thursday, 4 May. It is a free event but booking is advised – Tel: 01229 407377 The Library is also hosting the First World War memorial plaque from Great Gable which the Fell and Rock Climbing Club erected to commemorate the members of the […]
The Arc’teryx ‘Big Mountain Weekend’ will be taking place on the 29th & 30th April at the Sticklebarn, Langdale. It is a weekend for celebrating the climbing and mountains in the Lake District, and bringing together the community. The event aims to educate, share and improve the skills necessary for enjoying these beautiful places safely. […]
A new exhibition, “Fun on the Fells”, opens at Abbott Hall and runs until the end of October. The Club loaned exhibits to the museum and Mark Scott appeared on BBC Look North West last night to talk about the exhibition and his love of the Fells. For a short while it will be available […]
The Banff Mountain Film Festival will be coming to The Theatre by the Lake, Keswick from Wednesday, 26 April to Saturday, 29 April.