The Fell & Rock Climbing Club
Welcome to our website. The site is organised in the following sections:
- Membership – who we are, and how to join the club.
- Publications – details of the climbing guidebooks and apps to the Lake District produced by the club, and links to the on-line guidebook shop.
- Huts – information on all the club’s huts and cottages.
- Climbing – latest info (access restrictions, bird bans, etc.), and entry of and comments on, new routes.
- Meets – a full list of all the meets in the current meets calendar
- Archives – many elements of the club history have been made available on line (but this section is still under development)
Use the menu (three bar icon, top right) to see a complete range of the site’s content.
- Members log on to the site or via the above menu, bottom of the page, which gives access to the hut booking system, Facebook page and Forums, and the club committee.
All restrictions have now been lifted.
“Nowt but a fleein’ thing” is joint runner up in the Lakeland Book of the Year Awards. Out of 70 books entered for the Lakeland Book of the Year Award the FRCC book “Nowt but a fleein” thing” won the Latitude Press Award for the “Best Illustration and Production” class. It was then awarded joint […]
Monday 3/7/17 Update that the flake has now fallen down – not sure of current stability of area. Saturday 24/6/17 It has been reported that the large flake at the top moves significantly as you try to climb it. You can see light from under the flake and the accumulated soil trapped behind the flake […]
The Peregrines that deserted their nest on Lower Falcon may be nesting on Upper Falcon, best avoid the crag until the situation has been assessed (should be in the next few days). An extension to the restriction may be necessary if the birds made a late start breeding.
There were changes to when a TV licence is needed in 2016. Now, a licence is needed to:- watch or record live TV programmes on any channel download or watch any BBC programmes on iPlayer – live, catch up or on demand. This applies to any provider you use and any device, including a TV, […]